Founded in 2013 and based in Elmhurst, Illinois, Unify One provides end-to-end software development solutions to clients in a variety of industries. At the heart of it, we are builders. Our clients bring the ideas. We build the solutions. By cutting through the noise, we turn a complicated concept into the physical and digital realization of our clients’ imaginations. We turn clients’ ideas into reality by selecting the right technology, team and process. We create new and better software solutions, pushing development forward by liberating solutions from the limitations of specific talent abilities and knowledge.
This is great opportunity for someone graduating within the next year and is looking to take their non technical degree and enter the software development industry as a Business Analyst/Project Manager.
- 12 – 20 hours per week spread across 3 – 5 days. Final schedule is flexible and can accommodate school schedule.
- All work needs to be in our Elmhurst office. Hours also need to be worked some time between 8:30 – 6pm Monday – Friday
- Although this is an internship, our desire is to promote the right candidate to a full-time position within 6 – 12 months. Therefore, candidate should be available for a full-time position and desire to work locally in Elmhurst after graduation.
Please answer the following question in your cover letter so we know you are not a robot: Why did you choose the college that you attended?
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- We will provide mentoring and training for these responsibilities
- Work with project managers, software developers and our clients on software development projects and products.
- Participate in daily and weekly Agile team meetings
- Interact with business users and gather requirements for technology business applications to address the business needs
- Create requirements documentation that outlines the desired processes and specifications
- Work with development team to translate requirements into a feasible technical design
- Assist in testing software
- Manage small projects with the guidance of a senior project manager
- Candidate must be on their way to completing a minor or major degree in English or Business.
- Candidate needs to show absolutely exceptional communications skills, story telling, composition skills and presentation skills.
- Candidate will need to show the ability to take fragmented, incomplete ideas/requirements and turn them into organized and complete requirements through research, asking questions and working with team.
- Extra circular activities around these skills is big plus and should be emphasized in your cover letter.
- Must be enrolled in school during time of internship
- Students currently in their Senior year will be considered